FINE ART PRINT - LIMITED EDITION IN TIME
A limited selection of Vincent Tremeau’s iconic photos are now for sale. Editions are hand signed and numbered by Vincent.
The story behind the photo from Vincent's words:
Portrait of a touareg, under his refugee tent, at the border between Mali and Burkina Faso.
When I met this man I was really impressed by the beauty of his outfit. He was saying he was waiting with his wife here in this camp, in the middle of nowhere, for the peace to come back in North of Mali. His eyes seemed wise. Like most of the men in this camp he was making touareg artcraft. One of his neighbor even explained me he was going to London very often to sell his art before the conflict forced them to flee. He showed me his passeport stamps like he had to prove anything. When you never saw or lived such a situation, it is complicated to imagine that you can run a normal and good life, and then one day have to flee leaving behind every single thing you own. Without knowing if you will ever find anything back home.
After drinking some tea, this man offered me his passport leather cover he made himself. I will never know if it was a technique to sell me more of his jewelry, or if it was just a generous gift, after spending a nice time talking. But now, every time I travel I think about him.
The Tuareg - Burkina Faso
- Fine art print on Hahnemühle 350g museum quality paper
- Print size : 21x21 cm / Image size : 19,5x13 cm / Edition of 30
- Print size : 30x40 cm / Image size : 20x30 cm / Edition of 20
- Print size : 50x70 cm / Image size : 40x60 cm / Edition of 15
- Print size : 70x100 cm / Image size : 60x90 cm / Edition of 10
- Images are numbered and signed by Vincent Tremeau